1. Develop a strong social media presence. Times have changed. It’s all about the numbers. Content is KING, so, be creative and plan your posting strategy. Keep it tasteful, classy, politically correct, for now, until you become a household name. BE CONSISTENT!
2. Network in your industry, Google Local Music Events, & Support other artists.
3. Connect with your audience & make your connections meaningful.
4. Don’t make enemies. Be mindful that everyone starts somewhere. Once you make it to the top, don’t ever be boastful in a way that you cannot thank the fans who got you there.
5. Stick with your message. This is all a part of your brand.
6. Choose a genre of music that you’re great at. Ask for feedback from family & friends. Sign up for local contests and allow the public to judge your skillset. If you lose, that doesn’t mean you aren’t great, it just means try harder. You have to be honest with yourself regarding your talent.
7. Find your own personal style and highlight what makes you unique.
8. Work really hard. No light work. Constantly work on your craft.
9. Read, Read, Read. You’ll be amazed at how much reading will contribute to your career.
10. Study artists who have made it. Research their journey to the top.